Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.rural
dgk dgk is offline

Default I have an Opossum in storage building (to get rid of)!

On Tue, 10 Feb 2015 12:23:12 -0500, Fred McKenzie
wrote:

In article ,
wrote:

Anyhow, I went in the old trailer house to get some stuff, and expected
to find some mice, which have done a lot of damage in there. But I was
not expecting to come face to face to a hissing opossum.

I can see there is another bad spot in the floor (hole), so I know how
it got in, but before I nail something over that hole, I need to get the
opossum out.

When I was invaded by an opossum one night, it did not seem very
aggressive. I laid a plastic trash can near it, and shooed it into the
can with something like a fly swatter.

It stuck its nose out of the can when I picked it up, but retracted it
when I patted its nose with the fly swatter. I carried it outside and
laid the can on its side. The next day the opossum was gone.

Looking back, this approach might not be a good idea if it happened to
have rabies!

Fred

Possoms don't get rabies nor most other diseases. Their body
temperature is too low. Also, they have opposable thumbs on their feet
as well as their hands, so if that's mostly what makes us human,
they're twice as human as we are.