Posted to alt.home.repair
KG[_3_] KG[_3_] is offline

Default I have an Opossum in storage building (to get rid of)!

On Tue, 10 Feb 2015 05:10:24 -0800 (PST), "Phuck Phuck & Phuck Attn at Law"
wrote:

On Tuesday, February 10, 2015 at 5:03:26 AM UTC-5, wrote:
I have an old trailer house that is for storage, but its in poor shape
and I intend to demolish it this summer. Actually the roof is fine, but
the crappy particle board floor is just falling apart. I'ne replaced
parts of it over the years, but rather than constantly fixing that floor
which seems to be an endless job, I just built a pole shed which will
get a concrete floor. this summer. I ran out of decent weather last
fall, and didn't get the shed finished.

SNIP
Any suggestions on what to use? Such as poison????
I do have a live trap (made for raccoons), so it's the right size. But
I have no idea what to bait it with for an opossum. But I'd really
prefer to use poison, because I dont really want to deal with a hissing
critter in the trap, which I'll have to somehow kill anyhow.
(There may be more than one of them too, but I did see one, and as soon
as I did, I got the hell out of there). Just the thought of going in
there to set a trap or something is making me uncomfortable. I'd rather
deal with a raccoon, they will usually run away, (inless they have a
nest of babies), but an opossum will attack a person any time.

Thanks for all suggestions.

A radio set on country western. Leave that on overnight and problem gone

A rag well soaked in Ammonia tossed in will do the job, just don't toss it near the
hole. It works well in craw spaces also.

To reply to this message please remove the AT
after the kgs1 in the reply to address.

To a conservatist's it truly is a free country,
YOU may do whatever they wish. KG