Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Oil level sight glass HF compressor

On 02/09/2015 6:03 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

I'm not totally familiar with the design.

Reading on, clearly...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/291321192490?lpid=82&chn=ps

From what I read, I'm guessing oil is seeping out.
You (might) have a bad crankcase breather exhaust
valve. The crankcase on small engines "should" run
slightly below atmospheric pressure.

Hope that's any help at all.

Well, since I stated it's leaking, yes oil _is_ "seeping out".

It's leaking just sitting there.

The question posed was whether anybody had/knew what thread pitch is for
these metric measurements and whether by any chance't new an actual
thread they're using on these little (basically throwaway) compressors;
the whole thing even w/o a special coupon was only $119.

There was another listed as 1.0" thread but the description said is
actually 3/4" NPT so I ordered one and we'll see...