Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Furniture polishes with detergents, emulsifiers and mineral oil?

On 2/8/2015 7:59 AM, wrote:
Hi Community!

I have a (laminated) wood bathroom vanity that says, "... use "furniture polishes with detergents, emulsifiers and mineral oil.". "The detergents clean dirt form the furniture, the emulsifiers give it body to clean and last longer, and the mineral oil is left behind as a barrier for dirt and moisture that could harm finishes.".

Does anyone have any idea which commonly available consumer products meet that criteria?

I appreciate your comments and suggestions.

Regards . . .

P.S. If interested, the maintenance instructions recommend not having the vanity in direct contact of the sun, dusting with a lint free cloth in the direction of the grain, and polishing about every six months by rubbing in the polish in the direction of the grain.

My first thought: Wow, that sounds like
Murphy's oil soap, or possibly Pine Sol.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus