Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default (OT) Computer monitor V/S HDTV with Computer input

On 2/2/2015 3:49 AM, wrote:

plastic.

I wouldn't even consider a tv that big for a monitor. I'd get a stiff
neck from having to keep turning my head to read an email or web page.

I'm looking for a similar size, 17 to 20".

Bigger is not always better. For most uses, a 19" to 23" is quite a lot
on a desktop. The only advantage to a larger screen is not making that
email bigger, but having it in full view of it with a spreadsheet next
to it also in full view. Or larger CAD drawings.

Given the price difference, I'd consider 19" the minimum.