Posted to alt.home.repair
SMS SMS is offline

Default (OT) Computer monitor V/S HDTV with Computer input

On 2/2/2015 12:49 AM, wrote:

snip

I wouldn't even consider a tv that big for a monitor. I'd get a stiff
neck from having to keep turning my head to read an email or web page.

I'm looking for a similar size, 17 to 20".

You should be able to find a VGA LCD monitor of that size for free on
Freecycle. Or for around $25 on craigslist (I see a load of them on
craigslist in my area for $25-40).

Many newer computers don't have VGA ports and even though there are HDMI
to VGA and Mini Display Port to VGA converters and they cost less than
$10, I think most people just buy a new monitor and sell or give away
the old one.