Posted to alt.home.repair

Default (OT) Computer monitor V/S HDTV with Computer input

On Sun, 01 Feb 2015 10:27:41 -0500, "N. Cognito"
wrote:

On 1/31/2015 3:34 PM, wrote:
My old LCD 17" computer monitor died and I'm not stuck using a 13" CRT
monitor, till I get another monitor. Although Ebay has some USED 17"
monitors fairly cheap, I'm thinking that I might just invest in a NEW
monitor. I'm sticking with 17" or maybe a 19". anything larger is too
big for my space.

I noticed that a monitor about that size is darn near the same price as
a HDTV of comparable size, and it seems most of the latest HDTV's have a
15 pin SVGA input. (which is what I use).

Check out Woot.com (Amazon's refurbished stuff)

I've sold and used a LOT of refurbished "stuff" over the years and
the quality is very spotty at best. I have learned that if it is
readily available on the "refurbished" market (not lease returns) it
is likely best to stear clear of it even in the "first line" market as
there is usually a good reason they need refurbing.
Refurbed hard drives have been the biggest dissapointment. Refurbed
cameras and AV equpment not much better .(including TVs and monitors)
"De-Branded" computer equipment is also very suspect. If HP doesn't
want you to know that monitor used to have the HP name on it, there is
often good reason!!!!