Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Jerry.Tan@spamblocked.com is offline

Default (OT) Computer monitor V/S HDTV with Computer input

On Sun, 01 Feb 2015 09:03:02 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 2/1/2015 4:28 AM, micky wrote:
On Sat, 31 Jan 2015 14:34:58 -0600, someone wrote:

My old LCD 17" computer monitor died

Not picking on you in particular, I'm curious why all these computer
questions are not addressed to computer newsgroups, several of which are
alive and well.

Because the folks here give more practical solutions compared to the
geeks on some of the computer groups.

You just hit the nail right on the head. Seems everytime I go to a
computer related newsgroup, I end up so confused by all the geek talk,
that I leave more puzzled that I was in the first place.

I know the last time I asked on one of those newsgroups a simple
question about disabling antomatic upgrades in a web browser, I ended up
with reams of technical stuff I dod not understand, was told my
operating system was too old (XP) and needed to be upgraded, my browser
was also old and a security risk, and was told that browser is no good
anyhow, and so on.... Heck, some even told me to use linux and not
windows. I'm no geek nor do I want to be. I'm happy with the software
I use, even if it is old.

After spending a few hours on my own, I found the setting I wanted, but
it's sort of hidden, which is why I could not easily find it.