Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Jerry.Tan@spamblocked.com is offline

Default (OT) Computer monitor V/S HDTV with Computer input

On Sun, 1 Feb 2015 04:46:48 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

On Saturday, January 31, 2015 at 8:34:54 PM UTC-5, Malcom Mal Reynolds wrote:
In article ,
wrote:

My old LCD 17" computer monitor died and I'm not stuck using a 13" CRT
monitor, till I get another monitor. Although Ebay has some USED 17"
monitors fairly cheap, I'm thinking that I might just invest in a NEW
monitor. I'm sticking with 17" or maybe a 19". anything larger is too
big for my space.

I noticed that a monitor about that size is darn near the same price as
a HDTV of comparable size, and it seems most of the latest HDTV's have a
15 pin SVGA input. (which is what I use).

I already have a HDTV, but it's in another room, and I dont want to move
either the TV or the Computer. So, it would actually be nice to have
another TV as well as a monitor, and have it all in one, so the HDTV
would actually be preferred.

depending on distance, I suppose it would be possible to use a wireless
keyboard and something like an AppleTV to use both in the TV room

He appears to want TV capability in
both locations. If he he adds your stuff, he winds up with just
his original HDTV in the living room, the PC chassis in the other room.
And AppleTV just adds a streaming video source to his HDTV. WTF does
that solve? Instead of trying to remote the PC, you might as well just
move the PC, but it still doesn't give you TV in two locations. Or
he could just buy the small HDTV that he suggested.

Yep, tv is in the living room, computer in bedroom. I actually do have
an old CRT tv on the bedroom, with DTV box, but I've been wanting to
replace that tv anyhow.