Posted to alt.home.repair
Thane Thane is offline

Default (OT) Computer monitor V/S HDTV with Computer input

On Sat, 31 Jan 2015 14:34:58 -0600, Jerry.Tan wrote:

Anyone know about this?

BTW: My computer is just an average computer and has standard built in
video card. It's not a high-end or gaming machine. The monitor that
died was a 17" HP 1740, which had a decent picture.

Thanks

I use an old Dell computer DHP with a 2.8 GHz pentium purchased as a
cheap refurbished unit 6 years ago which had XP and only the built in
graphics card on the motherboard. I use it with both XP and linux
successfully on my new Vizio 62 inch TV (which has the RGB port). I can
run this above 1280 x 1024 resolution and it gives a good picture. Keep
your RGB cable short as this helps the quality. The computer is able to
play most video streams well, but full HD will be limited by your
graphics card or processor speed. If you already use it successfully on a
moniter then I think you'll be OK.

Thane