Posted to alt.home.repair
Moe DeLoughan Moe DeLoughan is offline

Default Windows 10 will be given away as a free upgrade for its firstyear of release

On 1/21/2015 3:23 PM, Oren wrote:
On Wed, 21 Jan 2015 13:13:53 -0800 (PST), Pavel314
wrote:

On Wednesday, January 21, 2015 at 3:55:43 PM UTC-5, Oren wrote:
On Wed, 21 Jan 2015 15:28:41 -0500, Frank
wrote:

Will be interesting to see. When Win 8.1 came out after 8.0 I was going
to wait a few months to let them debug since I had a year to do it but
after a couple of months they did it without me asking for it.

chuckle

For every "bug" they fix, they introduce 5 more. It is said Win95
went retail with ~65,000 Bugs.

Generally speaking; software with an odd number version will be more
stable. Even number versions not necessarily true. IME

They're skipping the designation Windows 9 and calling the new one Windows 10, so I guess now the even numbered versions will be the stable ones.

They skipped version 9, went to version 10. Didn't Apple do the same
approach? MSFT learned something?

They didn't skip nine, they renamed it to ten. The joke going around
was that Microsoft didn't want to risk having people refer to it as
Windows Nein.