Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Windows 10 will be given away as a free upgrade for its first year of release

On Wed, 21 Jan 2015 13:13:53 -0800 (PST), Pavel314
wrote:

On Wednesday, January 21, 2015 at 3:55:43 PM UTC-5, Oren wrote:
On Wed, 21 Jan 2015 15:28:41 -0500, Frank
wrote:

Will be interesting to see. When Win 8.1 came out after 8.0 I was going
to wait a few months to let them debug since I had a year to do it but
after a couple of months they did it without me asking for it.

chuckle

For every "bug" they fix, they introduce 5 more. It is said Win95
went retail with ~65,000 Bugs.

Generally speaking; software with an odd number version will be more
stable. Even number versions not necessarily true. IME

They're skipping the designation Windows 9 and calling the new one Windows 10, so I guess now the even numbered versions will be the stable ones.

They skipped version 9, went to version 10. Didn't Apple do the same
approach? MSFT learned something?

--
I like a softer ball. - Joe Biden.