Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_17_] Frank[_17_] is offline

Default Windows 10 will be given away as a free upgrade for its firstyear of release

On 1/21/2015 2:55 PM, Oren wrote:
On Wed, 21 Jan 2015 14:42:55 -0500, Frank
wrote:

On 1/21/2015 2:22 PM, Frank wrote:
On 1/21/2015 2:17 PM, Moe DeLoughan wrote:
Want Windows 10? You got it: for free. This is a sea change in
Microsoft's strategy when it comes to upgrades. Gratis upgrades will be
available for Windows 7, 8.1 and even Windows Phone 8.1 users for a full
year.

http://gizmodo.com/windows-10-is-a-f...ear-1680771504

I heard that and assumed they meant if you bought the computer a year
before the upgrade. Would be nice if all 7 and 8.1 users will get it.

Should have googled before my post. It will be available to all current
users of 7 and 8.1:

http://www.theverge.com/2015/1/21/78...-and-8-1-users

I got an Android based tablet for Christmas and believe Android may be
the worlds largest OS and upgrades are apparently free. If MS wants to
be competitive, this is competition they must beat.

Define: "free upgrade for its first year of release"

"...How exactly this program will work isn't clear just yet..."

And why don't they include Vista?

Will be interesting to see. When Win 8.1 came out after 8.0 I was going
to wait a few months to let them debug since I had a year to do it but
after a couple of months they did it without me asking for it.