Posted to sci.electronics.repair
amdx[_3_] amdx[_3_] is offline

Default Icepower 50ASX2

On 6/14/2015 9:58 AM, wrote:
Aha, I rememeber, you're the guy with 37 freezers and the wires melting.

I have 12 freezers, and I had wires to an outlet overheat, the wiring
was a pass thru the outlet to other oulets that I had two freezers on.
It was obvious the connections made to that box (after 25 years) had
increased resistance.

Now, how do you get into this shrimp gig ?

My wife started selling for about 3 hours in the afternoon after her
regular job. Then I started selling in the morning before my job.
After a couple of years she said, " why don't you quit your job and do
this full time", I responded, I'll quit my job if you quit your job.
We both did, and have been selling shrimp for 15 years.
It has worked out very well for us, but I'm tired of 10+ hour days,
362 day years, no vacations. I do get days off but with two of us
running the business, there is always something to do.

Also, how did that oil spill affect you?

It had a psychological effect on the tourist trade, which caused a
drop in my business.

Were you the de facto source for petroleum free shrimp back then?

We didn't have any effect from oil this far East (P.C.FL.)
Some people weren't convinced though.

they told us the price was going to triple and all this ****.
Prices did rise, but they didn't even double.

Something that prices just now seem to be recovering from is Early
Mortality Syndrome (EMS) it is a disease of farm raised shrimp. Even
though I don't sell any farm raised shrimp, they are a large part of the
overall market. The shrimp in ponds were dying, this caused low
production, prices rose, I was paying 25% to 40% more for my wild caught
shrimp. Prices are falling back down now.
Here's a little bit about the EMS cause.
https://www.shrimpnews.com/FreeRepor...auseOfEMS.html

Mikek