Andrew McKay

Default Weathershield Primer

On 21 Jul 2003 11:36:30 GMT, wrote:

Yes, but it doesn't necessarily follow that something which is
poisonous to things undesirable on our walls is also poisonous to us.
Antobiotics for example kill (some, most) bacteria but are, basically,
non-toxic for mammals.

That depends on your interpretation of "non-toxic".

If you swallow a whole tin of an antibiotic I don't think it would do
you a whole lot of good.

And besides which, though antibiotics have certain medicinal qualities
it is not recommended you use them except as prescribed by the doctor.
Reason being that they have the ability to nuke certain bacteria which
your body relies upon to survive. That can temporarily lower your
defences against other diseases.

Andrew

Do you need a handyman service? Check out our
web site at
http://www.handymac.co.uk