Peter Teubel

Default Jet Mini Motor Overheating Problem

It seems tha Jet used cheap motors in alot of their tools (cheap as in the internal windings). I have a Jet mini and, yes, the
motor gets hot. I also have 2 Jet 1236 lathes and those, too, get hot...REALLY hot. A few months ago, I got a Jet 20" bandsaw
(2hp, 220v) and after an hour of cutting it, too, gets hot....as in you-get-a-burn-it-you-touch-it-hot.

I had a Relient DD90 that I replaced the motor in with a Delta 1.5hp. I would go on a bowl blank sawing jag for 4 hours at a time.
Never even shut it off. The motor BARELY got warm.

Peter Teubel
Milford, MA
http://www.revolutionary-turners.com