Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_47_] Bill[_47_] is offline

Default Watch out Festool and ShopSmith

DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Wednesday, May 13, 2015 at 11:00:26 AM UTC-4, Unquestionably Confused wrote:
On 5/13/2015 12:05 AM, Leon wrote:
Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On Sun, 10 May 2015 18:16:32 -0400, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:

[snip]
Sure, there are many ways. I have a few LED lanterns, for instance,
great when the power goes out. It all depends on what you have where
you are when needed. It is just one of many possibilities.
With the light pointed down and a filter over the light it could be used as
a dark room enlarger. What? :-)

Next extended power outage when the kids get bored, you can set it up
and give them a shadow puppet show!

That is not a very good suggestion. If you use up the battery doing puppet shows you won't be able to use the table saw while the power is off.

Granted, with no power you would be using the table saw in the dark, but that's an entirely different issue.

Nobody said it, but I think it's an inherent "problem" with the tool.
It's dangerous, while looking like a Suzy-bake oven.