Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_5_] Leon[_5_] is offline

Default Watch out Festool and ShopSmith

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On Sun, 10 May 2015 18:16:32 -0400, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

No, you missed my point. If you are changing a tire on a dark road,
you sometimes need two hands. Unless you stick the flashlight in your
mouth or up your ass, there is no way to hold it and aim it exactly
where needed. A regular flashlight has to be propped up on a rock or
some sort of makeshift holder. This is the holder.

As you point out at 0:48, --- versatility

True - but that is a bit of overkill simply to light up a work area like
that. Lots of other ways can accomplish the same thing that do not pretend
to justify a product like this. Not buying the argument to support this
one.

Sure, there are many ways. I have a few LED lanterns, for instance,
great when the power goes out. It all depends on what you have where
you are when needed. It is just one of many possibilities.

With the light pointed down and a filter over the light it could be used as
a dark room enlarger. What? :-)