Posted to rec.woodworking
John Grossbohlin[_4_] John Grossbohlin[_4_] is offline

Default Watch out Festool and ShopSmith

"Electric Comet" wrote in message ...

On Mon, 11 May 2015 11:03:21 -0400
"John Grossbohlin" wrote:

This strikes me as the kind of thing you'd give to a teenager so
he/she could make things... same experiential learning bucket as
Erector Sets and Chemistry kits... I had access to a Shopsmith for
that purpose when I was a kid. In regards to both, they have no place
in my shop today.

agree
the target demographic is specific but i think the price misses the
target demographic

a small scale model maker might like to have one handy but $500
is a lot of money for a teenager or the parent of a teenager

the table saw demo was cringe worthy

In constant dollars (i.e., adjusted for inflation) the price is probably
pretty close to what the big Erector Sets and Chemistry Kits cost when I was
a kid...