Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Watch out Festool and ShopSmith

On Mon, 11 May 2015 06:02:23 -0700, Sonny wrote:

For someone without too much experience, I wonder if the saw base
(storage box) is not heavy enough to keep the whole from moving, while
sawing.
You wouldn't want the unit to move while cutting. I suppose, I'd be
strictly for small/short boards. I've never used a benchtop saw, so
I'm not absolutely sure about that kind of stability, but I'd want the
base stabilized, rather than just resting on the work table, which seems
to be the case in the video.

I suspect that some of that shelf matting they sell for RVs to keep the
dishes from moving around would do the trick if the box has a reasonable
amount of weight.