Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default what it is

On Friday, May 8, 2015 at 3:16:24 PM UTC-4, Electric Comet wrote:
On Thu, 7 May 2015 17:25:57 -0700
"jloomis" wrote:

A wagon wheel tool?
Like a bearing press....?or pull?

if you look closely you will see that the threaded shaft can't do
anything

i think there's another piece that's needed

Even if I look closely, I can't tell if the cross piece at the bottom of the threaded shaft is fitted into dadoes in the uprights and therefore stationary or if the dado is in the cross piece allowing it to slide up and down the uprights.

Do you know for sure?

If it's stationary then there is this possibility:

It could be an object built by a skillful woodworker who wanted to build a completely useless device just for the fun of it and/or to mess with folks like us.

If the crosspiece is stationary, then it reminds me of this:

https://deterritorialinvestigations....relativity.jpg