Posted to rec.woodworking

Default what it is

go ahead and take a guess

https://i.imgur.com/9LmxMLt.jpg

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/6/2015 4:38 PM, Electric Comet wrote:

go ahead and take a guess

https://i.imgur.com/9LmxMLt.jpg

Birth control device.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/6/2015 4:38 PM, Electric Comet wrote:

go ahead and take a guess

https://i.imgur.com/9LmxMLt.jpg

Uncle Festers cure for a headache.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 05/06/2015 12:38 PM, Electric Comet wrote:

go ahead and take a guess

https://i.imgur.com/9LmxMLt.jpg

Flywheel puller?

--
Kevin Miller
Juneau, Alaska
Posted to rec.woodworking

A wagon wheel tool?
Like a bearing press....?or pull?
john

"Electric Comet" wrote in message ...

go ahead and take a guess

https://i.imgur.com/9LmxMLt.jpg

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 7 May 2015 17:25:57 -0700
"jloomis" wrote:

A wagon wheel tool?
Like a bearing press....?or pull?

if you look closely you will see that the threaded shaft can't do
anything

i think there's another piece that's needed

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Friday, May 8, 2015 at 3:16:24 PM UTC-4, Electric Comet wrote:
On Thu, 7 May 2015 17:25:57 -0700
"jloomis" wrote:

A wagon wheel tool?
Like a bearing press....?or pull?

if you look closely you will see that the threaded shaft can't do
anything

i think there's another piece that's needed

Even if I look closely, I can't tell if the cross piece at the bottom of the threaded shaft is fitted into dadoes in the uprights and therefore stationary or if the dado is in the cross piece allowing it to slide up and down the uprights.

Do you know for sure?

If it's stationary then there is this possibility:

It could be an object built by a skillful woodworker who wanted to build a completely useless device just for the fun of it and/or to mess with folks like us.

If the crosspiece is stationary, then it reminds me of this:

https://deterritorialinvestigations....relativity.jpg

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 8 May 2015 17:16:35 -0700 (PDT)
DerbyDad03 wrote:

Do you know for sure?

don't know anything for sure except that it is from Finland

every time i look at the photo i think there's a missing piece

maybe it's one part of some kind of puller and the other part is lost
to history

Posted to rec.woodworking

DerbyDad03 wrote:

Do you know for sure?

don't know anything for sure except that it is from Finland

Are you saying you don't know for sure that "the threaded shaft can't do anything"?

You seemed to be sure of that in your last post. The only way it can't do anything is if the crosspiece is fixed to the uprights, yet when I asked you said you don't know for sure.

So which is it? Do you know that the threaded shaft can't do anything or are you (now) not sure of that either?

every time i look at the photo i think there's a missing piece

maybe it's one part of some kind of puller and the other part is lost
to history

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 07 May 2015 14:23:18 -0800
Kevin Miller wrote:

Flywheel puller?

if it is there is a piece missing because the threaded shaft looks to
be stationary

"In the history of the world, no one has ever washed a rented car."
- Lawrence Summers

not true i have washed a rented car

Posted to rec.woodworking

Kevin Miller wrote:

"In the history of the world, no one has ever washed a rented car."
- Lawrence Summers

not true i have washed a rented car

Better let Larry Summers know...

....Kevin