George

Default The first rule of woodturning...

I've watched this run through a lot of ideas, but as a spoon carver, I would
just make a scoop with shave, gouge and scorp, paying special attention to
the orientation of the long grain, because ice cream scoops do some real
prying. That's the thing that would worry me most about such an item.

That, and why anyone would want a wooden scoop when warm metal is so
demonstrably superior.

"Lazarus Long" wrote in message
On 16 Jul 2004 11:12:58 -0700, (Old Timer) wrote:

Invite her over for ice cream. Use the two matching ice cream BOWLS
you made for her, and only supply one spoon. Don't even mention the
scoop.

There's a mistake. Women never forget. She'll say "Nice bowls.
Where's the scoop I asked for?"