Posted to rec.woodworking
woodchucker[_3_] woodchucker[_3_] is offline

Default Saws - "Interesting" finds on Ebay

On 4/25/2015 11:58 PM, WD wrote:
On Thu, 16 Apr 2015 15:03:34 -0400, Greg Guarino wrote:

Buyer bewa

On Ebay: snip for bevity

Since last year was searching for 4 levelers for a new tablesaw
extension/assemble table. Found one in Rockler at $25.99 each plus tax and
shipping. Too damn expensive, decided not to buy. Maybe fabricate them when I
come to it.

http://www.rockler.com/heavy-duty-lifting-leveler

Last week browsing in Internet found an exact identical leveler in Woodworker's
Hardware at $4.72 each. Called the salesperson to verify everything in the
picture and not just the screw bolt without the bracket. He replied everything
in the picture. Bought 8 pcs plus few other items and total shipping charges
came to $11.99. However total weight is 4.40 lbs. for 8 sets plus other items
should weight more, right?

http://www.wwhardware.com/heavy-duty...ygheavy-m10x75

The package will arrive next Friday 30th April, wait and see and post the
result. :-)

No, sounds about right for the 8 pcs. They are stamped steel and a
screw. Nothing too fancy. So about a 1/2 pound each sounds right. Don't
know what else you got so can't say. But that sounds about right.

Yea, I saw rocklers and always thought are they made out of gold.
I make my own from TNuts and bolts with the heads sanded down.

--
Jeff