Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack Jack is offline

Default Saws - "Interesting" finds on Ebay

On 4/16/2015 4:32 PM, Greg Guarino wrote:
On 4/16/2015 3:32 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

The eBay descriptions for the saws include the HF part number:

HFT-94722
HFT-39273

I saw that. But it wasn't very conspicuous, nor was it obvious what it
meant. While I agree that people need to be on the lookout for ripoffs,
and I knew those were Harbor Freight saws; not everyone is knowledgeable
about everything.

I once needed a cheap Jacobs Chuck for my lathe. I found one on Amazon
for cheap. It was delivered in a box with Harbor Freight numbers. I
looked it up and could have got it cheaper at HF, with no shipping. The
guy selling it through Amazon obviously got them through HF and sold it
to me. I had to smile, thinking good job buddy, you got me.

BTW, the chuck works just fine, one of those HF things worth the money.

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com