Posted to rec.woodworking
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default Harbor Fright Down Grades Quality Again

Larry Blanchard wrote:
On Fri, 17 Apr 2015 14:15:32 -0400, dadiOH wrote:

Sure you did. If you paid the max into SS all your life and die
before you hit 80-something. Medicare? Fat chance. Compare what
you're getting and what you're paying, including supplement,
against what a private plan would cost you.

Try doing the arithmetic before you make wild claims like that.

As I said (relative to medicare), " Now, not so much, costs have just
gotten way out of hand". For social security, absolutely. I know
because I DID do the math.

On the SS, I should have said *after* 80-something, not *before*.
Sorry.

I figured mine out quite a few years ago. IIRC, retiring at 62 and
living to 80+, I got back what I paid for. If I last till 90, no way.

But the average recipient gets back considerably more than they paid
in and yes, I'm including the employer contribution.

1. That would probably be true IF the amount paid in laid fallow al those
years

2. The dollars paid out are worth a tiny fraction of those paid in.

--

dadiOH