Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Harbor Fright Down Grades Quality Again

Jerry Osage wrote:

Now, back on topic. HF has their 70 gal. 2 HP Industrial Dust
Collector on sale right now for $170.

Add the Wynn 35A274NANO Cartridge Kit, which Wynn claims is 99.999 %
efficient at 0.5 micron. The filter kit and shipping comes out to
$204.38. The HF collector is 186.14 with tax. The whole package
comes out to 390.52.

At first, that seems to be a pretty good deal until I compare it to
the Grizzly G0548ZP with a 1 micron cartridge filter at $430.

I think that the Grizzly's specs, features, and build quality are
well
worth the extra $40. Even on sale, the HF dust collector isn't a
bargain compared to what else is available if one wants to filter 1
micron particles, which I do.

Wait till Swing and/or Leon jump on this one.

There is Festool and everything else that wants to be Festool when
it grows up followed by Fein.

Lew