Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Harbor Fright Down Grades Quality Again

On 4/17/15 9:32 PM, graham wrote:
On 17/04/2015 8:18 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 4/17/2015 10:02 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:
Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 4/16/2015 10:15 PM, krw wrote:

Minimum wage was *never* expected to be a comfortable wage,
yet people thing it should be. It's an entry wage (which
should be zero).

We should be talking "fair wage", not a minimum. The job
should pay according to the skills and knowledge required. It
has to be higher in NYC than in Podunk, Ohio too.

I don't know about you but I do not want the government deciding
what is a fair wage.

If you show up for work, the wage is fair. No government needed.

and if you are desperate and starving?

Funny how the people from other countries who are *actually* desperate
and starving risk life and limb to come to this country to work these
jobs.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)