Posted to rec.woodworking
Max[_6_] Max[_6_] is offline

Default Question about ripping poplar

On 4/17/2015 10:58 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Friday, April 17, 2015 at 12:53:15 PM UTC-4, Max wrote:
On 4/17/2015 9:53 AM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 4/17/15 10:13 AM, Leon wrote:
On 4/16/2015 10:53 PM, Swingman wrote:

http://www.homedepot.com/b/Lumber-Co...vZbqmcZ1z11rx0

That stuff is actually pretty darn good and not tough to get good
pieces. As with any wood look at each piece, but it typically is as
good as you get.

Yeah, it can be a time saver. Expensive but can get you out of a bind
if you're in a hurry.
The Lowes near me used to carry a gorgeous selection of Douglas Fir.
Talk about straight grain! Man, I miss that stuff.

McCoy's (3/4 mile from me) used to carry yellow pine that was
exceptional. I made a lot of "stuff" with it.
I still have a piece of Ponderosa Pine, 2X8X12 that is straight as an
arrow. Got it at Austin Hardwoods here. Came from Mexico.

http://www.threepointsdesign.com/new...rrow-wvane.jpg

LOL. Nah, wasn't that kind of arrow. There's a mountain pass in New
Mexico called "Flechado Chueco"....Crooked Arrow.