Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Harbor Fright Down Grades Quality Again

On 4/16/2015 12:31 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:
John McCoy wrote:

I suspect that's part of the reason my local HD replaced an
aisle of hinges, latches, and similar hardware with motor
oil and windshield wipers. Bigger packages, thus less labor
to keep stocked. (that, and random addle-headed thinking by
management - with an auto parts store on the other side of
the intersection, who's going to go to HD for auto parts?)

As bizarre as the reasoning seems - they really do that more in an effort to
take your money while you are in the store, and not because bigger is easier
to stock. I absolutely never heard anything like that in any management
meetings in retail. In fact - this is the only place I have ever heard such
a thing. It just is not a real world, daily consideration. They look to
sell what people buy, and to have that on the aisles to capture your money
while you're in the store. It's that simple and the other thoughts about
people, weights, etc. are just rubbish.

Same goes for chewing gum and candy that is sold at HD. If it is
something that the customer buys normally it saves the customer the
extra trip for that item.