Posted to rec.woodworking
krw[_6_] krw[_6_] is offline

Default Harbor Fright Down Grades Quality Again

On Thu, 16 Apr 2015 11:15:09 -0500, -MIKE-
wrote:

On 4/16/15 9:43 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 4/15/2015 11:34 PM, Richard wrote:
On 4/15/2015 9:41 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

When people have been buying quart bottles of mayo for 50 years,
most don't look at the jar size every time they buy. Then it
becomes 30 ounces for the same retail price. The purpose it to
raise revenue and hope the customer does not notice. It is
called deception. Perfectly legal. Many people have not notices
until they got home. Sleazy way of doing business, IMO.

It's either hit the shrink ray (the popular term used) or increase
prices.

Which would YOU prefer?

Either way, the price is raised. Am I going to use less mayo on a
sandwich? No, at the end of the year I'm going to buy the same
quantity be it in 4 big bottles or 5 smaller ones. I'm also being
forced to pay for that extra package so it is even worse.

How often do you downsize rather than increase the price. Next year
it will be 28 ounce jars, then 26, 24, 22 ----soon they will be
selling mayo in half ounce packets.

You're not being *forced* to do $h!t. Go to Costco or Sam's Club and
buy it in a 50 gallon drum if you eat that much. I think I saw a 72oz
container at Kroger last time I was there.

LOL!

While you're at it, take a look at what people in developing nations
have to do to simply survive every day before bitching so much about
what size jar your mayo comes in. :-p

+1