Posted to rec.woodworking
Richard[_9_] Richard[_9_] is offline

Default Harbor Fright Down Grades Quality Again

On 4/16/2015 11:42 AM, Larry Blanchard wrote:
On Wed, 15 Apr 2015 22:52:03 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

What is different? See my other post bout inflation and comparitive
value. My $1.55 per hour then is equal to $11.89 today. Minimum wage
has not kept up.

Same here. My first full time job in 1955 paid $47 a week. That's equal
to $412 a week now. That's $10.30 an hour. Washington has the highest
minimum wage in the country and it's only $9.47.

Our state had a minimum wage increase a few years ago and the usual
suspects - restaurant owners - were frothing at the mouth about the dire
consequences. I talked to a couple of managers I knew and got their
staffing and meals served statistics. Turned out the "catastrophic"
increase amounted to about ten cents per meal served!

In todays paper, I see the Republicans are once again wanting to remove
the estate tax for the top 0.2% of estates those with over 10 million
dollars for a couple. 5 million for one person. But they hate a minimum
wage increase.

I wonder how many of the righteous right on this news group get Social
Security and Medicare while they castigate big government?

That's all covered in economics 101, Larry.

Rich people invest their money (to make MORE money!)

Poor people don't.

Go figure.