Posted to rec.woodworking
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Harbor Fright Down Grades Quality Again

On 4/16/2015 3:05 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Thursday, April 16, 2015 at 2:23:00 PM UTC-4, dadiOH wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:

Here we go again with the same ridiculous assertion that consumers
are being deceived by smaller packages. I'll make this easy for you.

Here's is the definition of "deceive". Do us all a favor and explain
to us how a clearly marking a container with the weight of the
contents and the price fits this definition.

de·ceive
d?'sev/
verb

- (of a thing) give a mistaken impression.

That doesn't fit, how? A slightly smaller container certainly gives a
mistaken impression.

Wait...in your response to Mike you said "I wouldn't exactly call it "deception"" and "Deception, no; sneaky, you bet".

Are you now saying "Deception, yes" because you feel it fits that definition?

Changing your mind is OK. :-) I'm just trying trying to make sure I know where you stand on this issue. I may not agree with you, but I can't say that until I know which side you're on. ;-)

We can argue definitions for weeks. The intent is to make more money
and have the customer not notice. Sleazy at least, IMO, the intention
is to deceive. Your option to agree or not. The want the customer to
think it is business as usual.