Posted to rec.woodworking
woodchucker[_3_] woodchucker[_3_] is offline

Default Question about ripping poplar

On 4/16/2015 5:09 PM, Dick Snyder wrote:
I am planning to make some frame and panel doors for a project at our
church. The doors will be painted. The doors will be tall (85"). I
haven't done much with poplar other than a cabinet and shelves that
needed to be painted. If I rip the stiles at 2" wide and 85" long will
it spring apart or together like cheap pine does?

Just to answer a possible question you might have in advance, each door
will only be 17" wide but very high as I pointed out.

TIA.

Dick Snyder

There's no way o answer that. It depends on the wood.

--
Jeff