Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Saws - "Interesting" finds on Ebay

On Thursday, April 16, 2015 at 3:03:37 PM UTC-4, Greg Guarino wrote:
Buyer bewa

On Ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/JAPANESE-STY...em41759d 8b6e

From Harbor Freight:
http://www.harborfreight.com/10-inch...saw-94722.html

On Ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SMALL-JAPANE...em41759d 802e

From Harbor Freight
http://www.harborfreight.com/12-in-f...saw-39273.html

Maybe this is a common Ebay tactic; buy stuff at HF, try to sell it on
Ebay for 3x to 4x the price? Hey, maybe they don't even buy them first;
if they get 15 orders, it's off to HF to buy 15 saws.

At eight bucks, I bought the first one (at HF). I only made a couple of
test cuts so far. I think it will turn out to be useful. I was able to
make a clean straight cut without too much difficulty. The toughest
thing to wrap my mind around was not cutting onthe "pull stroke", but
that I had to start the groove by pushing the saw.

Never mind Buyer Beware, it's more like Buyer Be Idiot.

The eBay descriptions for the saws include the HF part number:

HFT-94722
HFT-39273