william_b_noble

Default The first rule of woodturning...

1. do't use oak, use maple or ash
2. My bandsaw is probably cheap like yours, but it cuts fine - the cut is
more a function of the blade than anything else - and maybe having some
quality guides - I think I paid more for the guides than I did for the whole
saw.
3. if you turn a goblet, you don't need to turn it around - turn the bowl,
then the handle, then part off, use a HAND SAW (not the band saw) tu cut it
or you may split it - use a fairly fine blade. Remember to leave the walls
thicker than you would for a goblet, also leave the stem pretty thick or it
will break.

"Pain Devine" wrote in message
My bandsaw SUCKS! I got the cheapest one... like $200. I should've spent
more because it's worthless....

oooo wait.... an idea just popped into my head.... I know how I'm gonna do
it now. I'm not using the bandsaw.... I make the handle, with the ball

like
you said... then turn it around and put the handle in the chuck. Hollow

out
the ball so it's sorta like a goblet, then use a dremmel or something to
split the goblet in half.

I'm going to waste soo much wood on this thing. I'm going to use something
cheap like oak.