Posted to rec.woodworking
krw[_6_] krw[_6_] is offline

Default Harbor Fright Down Grades Quality Again

On Wed, 15 Apr 2015 09:36:01 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 4/15/2015 8:00 AM, Mike Marlow wrote:
Mr.E wrote:

Look at the mayonnaise jars- now 30 oz. instead of 32 oz.
Sauers just succumbed to this and I am looking at other brands for the
first time in years.
I quit Unilever over their "Just Mayonnaise" fiasco. No more
Lipton,Knorr or other Unilever for me.
If enough of us over react, this bs will not be acceptable.

That's the principle behind consumer driven markets but the problem is that
seldom (to the point of almsot never...) do consumers band together to
create enough of a force to drive things like this.

As long as consumers don't get into money used for entertainment and
sports they are not likely to worry about a few extra dollars for the
same product.

Except that *is* the money used for entertainment and such. I don't
know about you, but most people have a hierarchy of bills (roof over
head, food in belly, heat, lights, ..., garbage bags, ..., credit
cards..., then toys ;-). What's left over is the entertainment
budget. Save in any of the above and there's money left to play.