Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Harbor Fright Down Grades Quality Again

wrote:
On Wednesday, April 15, 2015 at 11:12:58 AM UTC-5, Mike Marlow wrote:
Maybe you are seeing some different packaging offers at your local
Kroger store, but the basic numbers prove out the bulk purchase
advantage, notwithstanding some manufacturer's special offering.

Where I get groceries (Cub Foods), the 16ox Land O Lakes 1% Cottage
cheese is cheaper per ounce than the 22oz container. It's been this
way as long as I've been checking. I just checked and it's the same
thing at Byerly's ($2.99 vs $4.79).

Curiously, the 22oz looks like it should be twice the size of the
16oz, making the higher price look like a discount. I've found this
with a number of other products over the years.

Very interesting. I seldom see this kind of thing. Here in NY we have unit
pricing on the shelf stickers, so I am constantly looking at the price per.
Just very seldom see this kind of thing. I almost always shop by the unit
price as opposed to the sticker price.

--

-Mike-