Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Harbor Fright Down Grades Quality Again

On 4/14/15 11:45 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
"Bill" wrote:

Went to Lowes the other day to buy another box of Hefty 39-gallon
1.3 mil "Steel-Sak" garbage bags. From my records, I have observed
these price increases:

2009, $9.99 2010, $10.98 2011, $11.99 2015, $12.99

The price increase didn't bug me that much this year. What bugged
me was when I got home I found out there are now only 28 bags in
the box instead of 30! Along with the price increase, it bugged
me...lol There are cheaper options, and will be choosing one of
them. My new choice is unlikely to involve either Lowes or Hefty.

---------------------------------------------------------- Been to
the supermarket lately.

The favorite way for retail consumer products to get a price
increase is to maintain the package size while reducing the quantity
of the product in the package.

As examples a half gallon size (64 oz) box of ice cream is now 56
oz, and a 5 oz box of Irish Spring bath soap is now 3.75 oz but the
box sizes for these items have remained constant.

Lew

Aren't these things clearly marked on the packaging?
You guys are acting like they're trying to pull on over on you.

You can see the price and the quantity or weight or volume clearly
marked on the labels. You're not stupid cows sauntering over to a feed
trough ever day gulping down whatever was shoveled into it.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--