Posted to rec.woodworking

Default The Test Is Done

Lew Hodgett wrote:

Some time ago was looking for input from the group about how best
to clean some BBQ grill grates.

snip
"G. Ross" wrote:

Would Easy-Off spray work? Probably not good on bare metal but on
porcelain it possibly would dissolve the gunk.

Possibly, but can think of several reasons why I wouldn't want to try.

The gunk is basically semi dry carbon and chips away with relative
ease
which can then be swept up and tossed.

Easy-Off would create a wet mess making for an interesting clean up.

There is a lot of sheet metal in the area which could come in
accidental
contact with the Easy-Off.

Assume the grill grates would reach a high enough temperature to
totally oxidize any Easy-Off residue but I don't know.

Too many negatives for me.

Lew