Posted to rec.woodworking
Greg Guarino[_2_] Greg Guarino[_2_] is offline

Default Router Mortising Jig + More on Mortising Bits

On 4/13/2015 12:37 AM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
Your mounting plate could stop a Sherman tank.

I tried to make it for multiple uses. It's a dangerous world out
there. That is one feature of my nascent skills; what I lack in finesse
I make up in sturdiness.

I've built and used this one couple of times.

Simple and straight forward.

I like the fact that mine has defined stops, although I could imagine
how you could clamp stops to the work with the jig you show. If I can't
come up with a longer bit I might try that one.

No need to reinvent the wheelG.

At least half my output is in reinvented wheels.

---