Posted to rec.woodworking
Greg Guarino[_2_] Greg Guarino[_2_] is offline

Default Router Mortising Jig + More on Mortising Bits

On 4/13/2015 6:39 AM, Puckdropper wrote:
Greg Guarino wrote in
:

*snip*

I'm looking into something like this:

http://drillsandcutters.com/1-2-x-1-...end-x-long-end
-mill-qualtech/

It claims 3" of cut depth. Comments?

Looking at the end, I don't believe it's center cutting. That's not a hard
problem to solve, though, just take a 1/2" drill bit and make a hole.

Puckdropper

Yes, what about that? That's the common situation with end mills, from
what I hear; but some people recommend them for woodworking.
Incidentally, on that site they have used the same photo for all of the
products in that class, but I imagine the end, at least, is representative.

---