unknown

Default The first rule of woodturning...

I think you can find info on how to make a jig and also
turn a scoop that could easally be made into an ice cream
scoop. The book is woodturning Methods Mike Darlow cant lay
my hands on my copy or i would give the the page No. Walter

I think we can all agree that the first rule of
woodturning is that you NEVER ask someone what they
want... You tell them what you can make, give them a list,
and then let them pick from that list what they'd like...
you know like a bowl, or a pen, or candle sticks... or
whatever....

Well, I met a pretty girl, and I wasn't thinking... and I
broke the rule. It was my own dumb fault. But she had such
a pretty smile and she danced oh so well... and I just
said "Oh yea, I'm really into wood working and
woodturning... what would you like me to make you?" and
she thought about it for a second and then said "An Ice
Cream scoop!!!"

Oh for the love of god... an ice cream scoop? How the hell
am I going to make that? I was thinking there might be a
kit out there that would allow you to just slip a turned
wood handle onto it... but OH NO... no sucha thing out
there... Any ideas guys? I really like seeing this girl
smile.