Posted to rec.woodworking

Default tenon, back, dovetail, mitre hand saw

On Wed, 08 Apr 2015 13:20:05 +0000, Scott Lurndal wrote:

I've had better luck at flea markets and garage sales. Most recently, a
pristine stanley sweetheart (manuf by Disston) 24" back saw for $10.

Disstons are great saws, but they seem to be rust magnets. Not to
mention they are a gleam in every collectors eye. If you find one
labelled "Disston & Son" (no, not "Sons") grab it - they're rare!

Oh, about that propensity to rust. My favorite old saw is an Atkins
"Silver Steel" saw. Must be some forerunner of stainless steel, because
it's rare to find one with more that one or two little spots of rust.
Come to think of it, it's rare to find one, period!