Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] krw@zzz.com is offline

Default SawStop vs. Bosch-- Let the Games Begin!!

On Tue, 24 Mar 2015 13:47:37 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 3/24/2015 10:43 AM, Max wrote:

for another case of safety features with lots of data look at NFL
injuries went way up after they started using helmets, etc.
in other words the operators tested the limits
many have paid the price

long winded point is just that safety features can blur the fundamentals

It occurs to me to wonder how many people there might be who have become
more aware of their vehicles limitations because of the emphasis on ABS.

You mean like the 4WD SUV's that drivers feel can still go 70 mph on an
icy road? Four wheel drive does not mean four wheel stop. Strictly
anecdotal, but I've seen more of them in the ditch than regular cars.

I had a 4WD pickup when we lived in VT. When it snowed I would tell
my wife that I had 4WD so could drive anywhere. I then told her that
it was an "Off Road" truck, so I could also drive it off the road. It
took her a few times before she understood what I was saying. ;-)