Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default SawStop vs. Bosch-- Let the Games Begin!!

On 3/23/2015 5:11 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:
Electric Comet wrote:

there are mountains of data that show drivers of cars with ABS
were driving more aggressively and taking more risks with
stopping/breaking

Ok - I have to call Bull**** on this one - sorry. I believe there may be
some data that suggests that drivers became more complacent - or more
ignorant with the advent of ABS, but I'm not ready to buy into the claim
that there are mountains of data that show they simply drove more
aggressively. You'll have to defend that assertion a bit more to convince
me. Don't draw conclusions - simply show that data that you say there is
mountains of.

I kind'a don't believe that the anti lock brakes cause wreckless
behavior either. I bet if you really could analyze "ALL" the
situations, not that which only data was gathered on, it would probably
show that these more modern vehicles with anti lock brakes also have two
to three times more HP than models with out. There is absolutely more
HP on the road today than there probably ever has been. I guarantee you
more HP is going to translate to higher speeds during a crash and if the
vehicle is not physically capable of stopping in a short distance anti
lock brakes most likely will not prevent a crash either. If you removed
the anti lock brakes from all modern cars you most likely would see even
more wrecks than now.