Posted to rec.woodworking
Markem[_2_] Markem[_2_] is offline

Default Cudos to Apex Tool Group

On Sun, 22 Mar 2015 17:03:05 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 3/22/2015 4:56 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 3/22/15 4:54 PM, Leon wrote:
On 3/22/2015 4:32 PM, woodchucker wrote:
On 3/22/2015 4:53 PM, Bill wrote:
-MIKE- wrote:
On 3/22/15 3:36 PM, Bill wrote:
-MIKE- wrote:
On 3/22/15 1:55 PM, Leon wrote:

Big Snip
It is shocking that the garbage men are not paid like athletes. They
absolutely work as hard for their pay... Those guys have to be some
of the most physically fit workers in the country as a whole. At
least the ones that actually lift and empty the can by themselves.
And run to the next house. I am amazed the pace our collectors keep
up. About as fast as I walk, I walk an average of 4mph, and grab the
garbage cans too.

Yet, they could train orangutans to do that job in a month and they'd
work for whatever they picked out of the cans to eat.

I think some of them are orangutans. ;~)

Our garbage man makes about 30 K a year, now mind you it is Southern
Illinois.