Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] krw@zzz.com is offline

Default Cudos to Apex Tool Group

On Sun, 22 Mar 2015 19:33:29 -0500, -MIKE-
wrote:

On 3/22/15 6:02 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 22 Mar 2015 16:36:31 -0400, Bill
wrote:

-MIKE- wrote:
On 3/22/15 1:55 PM, Leon wrote:

Why does a common laborer feel entitled to be paid a salary way
beyond what he actually brings to the work force? Why do certain
laborers, factory workers for instance, feel that they should earn
what some doctors earn, of for that matter more than our educators?
Entitlement. Is it even a small wonder why China and Mexico workers
have replaced American workers? Now that the US and other countries
became majorly involved in world trade we now see how our labor force
was way over paid for their production. Yes China and Mexico
built-products are on occasion not of the same quality than what we
can build here but that will change. Even though their products are
often inferior they absolutely offer a better value, you get what you
pay for. 50 years ago we imported way less quality products from
Japan than we do from China and Mexico. Now if it is made in Japan I
choose that product rather than, over priced and lesser quality
American made. Just look at the American automobile industry. Plain
and simple the American automobile industry is in the shape it is in
because of workers with entitlement issues and the unions that
supposedly represented them.

That has been my contention for the longest time.
The unions, which were needed at one time and did an incredible service
to the labor force, have now brainwashed people with high school
educations and little to no skilled training that they are worth $50k +

Do you think standing on an assembly line with big, sharp, heavy metal
things swinging by you all day sounds like a "fun" job to do Everyday?

Perhaps not but the bread line isn't much fun, either. You have no
right to a cushy job. In fact, you have no right to a job at all.
That's where the left's policies lead.

Exactly.
If fun had anything at all to do with the equation, then Athletes DO
deserve to make millions. :-)

Then so do I! :-(

;-)