Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Cudos to Apex Tool Group

On 3/22/2015 5:31 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
Lew Hodgett wrote:

Given that files are an item that will probably never be built
again in the USA, Mexico is a pretty good choice as far as
I'm concerned.

A file manufacturing plant sure beats a drone monitored fence.

Lew
Leon wrote:

You might be surprised how many vehicles are assembled in Mexico
and
that is not helping.

Max wrote:

Not to mention water heaters, refrigerators, water softeners,
kitchen
ranges, blenders, toasters, etc.

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote:

Yes, we lost a $1million customer when they moved from NJ to Mexico.
Lew says that is good though.

Sorry to see your company lost a valued customer; however, doubt your
labor costs were the only cause the loss.

Unless you are in a business where the only value you bring to the
table is low price, my guess is that somebody took their eye off the
ball and truly forgot why this now ex-customer became your customer
in the first place.

Just a guess.

And yes, if we are to loose a USA company to another country, then
Mexico is the least painful since hopefully the move will help relieve
the pressure on our entry level labor pool by creating jobs in Mexico.

Lew

Well that is some what of a self centered way to look at things. What
about our poor northern states having to deal with the Canadians coming
over here for jobs. LOL JUST KIDDING!

But seriously our poor USA actors are in earnest being replaced by their
Canadian counter parts. It is surprising how many of today's TV shows
pretty much have an all Canadian cast. Take Rookie Blue for example.
Scroll down to the cast names and click on the name beside the picture.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1442065/...s?ref_=tt_ql_1