Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] krw@zzz.com is offline

Default Cudos to Apex Tool Group

On Sun, 22 Mar 2015 12:59:12 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 3/22/2015 12:10 PM, woodchucker wrote:
On 3/22/2015 11:05 AM, Leon wrote:
On 3/21/2015 10:59 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 3/21/2015 10:45 PM, Max wrote:

Given that files are an item that will probably never be built
again in the USA, Mexico is a pretty good choice as far as
I'm concerned.

A file manufacturing plant sure beats a drone monitored fence.

Lew

You might be surprised how many vehicles are assembled in Mexico and
that is not helping.

Not to mention water heaters, refrigerators, water softeners, kitchen
ranges, blenders, toasters, etc.

Yes, we lost a $1million customer when they moved from NJ to Mexico. Lew
says that is good though.

California, where normal is upside down and backwards.

I agree, but I think a lot of things these days are that way.

Everyone wants everyone to think the same way. People are losing jobs
when they post something that someone else disagrees with.

I think it all started in California and spread eastward...

At least that's the way the wind blows...:-0

Much of it we bring on ourselves. We want to buy stuff cheaply and then
complain because it came from Mexico or China. How do you sell a US mae
appliance at a fair price when all your competitors have theirs made
overseas at a much lower cost?

Agreed but US made stuff (appliances, anyway) do exist. It's usually
the people who bitch the most about exporting jobs are 1) the ones
buying foreign products when there is a US made alternative and 2)
vote for those who are causing companies to move jobs outside the US.